Class Cancellation & Exam Rescheduling (Weather Warnings, Transport Service Disruptions)
In the event that a weather warning is issued by the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) or public transport services are disrupted, the following measures will be taken to ensure students' safety.
Class Cancellation & Exam Rescheduling
Classes/Exams at the Faculty of Science will be cancelled/rescheduled, respectively, if either:
- An emergency warning of any kind or a storm warning is issued by JMA to Kyoto City or an area encompassing the city;
- Kyoto City Bus services are totally disrupted;
- Three or more of the following services are either totally or partially disrupted: Japan Railway West (Kyoto-bound trains); Hankyu Railway (Kyoto line); Keihan Railway (Demachiyanagi-Yodoyabashi/Nakanoshima); and Kintetsu Railway (Kyoto-Yamato Saidaiji); or
- Dean of the Faculty and Graduate School of Science finds it necessary to do so.
In the event that either of the above situations 1–4 occurs past the start of a class/exam, the class/exam will be cancelled/rescheduled respectively.
Resuming School Operations
Classes and exams will be held in the event that the emergency/storm warning is lifted or public transport services resume as follows:
- Lifted/Resumed by 6:30 am: From the first period (8:45 am)
- Lifted/Resumed by 10:30 am: From the third period (1:00 pm)
News Sources & Communication Channels
- TV/Radio/Internet broadcasts will be the primary sources for news and updates on emergency/storm warnings and public transport operations. For the latest updates, see: http://www.jma.go.jp/warn/
- In the event that either of the situations 1–4 listed above occurs past the start of the first period, students will be notified of a course of actions to take via such communication channels as the bulletin boards.